Lenny’s Lap is hosting it’s first fundraise event!
A FUN 5km Bay to Ocean Run.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT IT
- Challenge yourself in the ultimate location.
- Take on a 5km run in soft white sand and conquer some steep sand hills.
- Be rewarded with some amazing views over Moreton Bay.
- Experience a sailing race in action (take on an active part or sit back and relax, no Sailing experience needed).
- A weekend away at Moreten Bay with overnight stay on one of the yachts.
- Have a fun weekend in the great outdoors and meet some friendly yachties and other runners!
WHAT WILL THE WEEKEND LOOK LIKE?
The Lenny’s Lap 5km Bay to Ocean Run is a parallel event to the annual Cleveland Yacht Club 3-Race-Rally. Once signed up you will get a race number and be allocated a spot on one of the Yachts based in Cleveland.
On Saturday morning you will make your way to your Yacht’s location, meet the crew and participate in Race 1, a sail over to Moreton Island. The Yacht will find a save anchorage and you’ll have plenty of time to have lunch, relax, go for a swim until the tender is taking you over to the beach in the afternoon for Race 2. The 5km race will start simultaneously with runners from Race 2 of the Rally. Out on the track you’ll find friendly faces telling you where to go and when to turn around. Also, there might be an additional surprise challenge for you :). Once you made it back in one piece there’s plenty of time to go for a swim, kick back, relax and socialise with fellow runners and friendly yachties.
Enjoy a night on water at Moreton Bay – nothing beats to be rocked to sleep. Race 3, a sail back to Cleveland, will kick off on Sunday morning after breakfast.
Trophy presentation will be held at 36 Mainroyal Court, Raby Bay, Cleveland from 4.30pm on Sunday 4 June. It’s a great finish to the weekend and a good way to meet everyone. Expect a great ambient setting with lovely finger food and prices. Entrants are requested to indicate if they will attend the presentation. Please byo drinks. We hope you can join us!
|DATE||EVENT||TIME / WARNING SIGNAL|
|Saturday, 3 June 2017||Race 1||0955|
|Saturday, 3 June 2017||Race 2 – Foot Race||1555|
|Sunday, 4 June 2017||Race 3||1055|
|Sunday, 4 June 2017||Presentation at 36 Mainroyal Ct, Raby Bay, Cleveland||1630|
Sign up fee is a mandatory $120* donation to Lenny’s Lap.
100% will go straight towards Lenny’s Lap Cure for MND Campaign.
As a sponsor and event organiser, Lenny’s Lap is covering the cost of the event.
Included in the $120:
- to participate in a timed 5km sandhill run.
- participate in a sailing race as a guest on board one of the yachts.
- a weekend and night on a yacht on anchorage infront Moreton Bay.
- provisioning over the weekend (bring your own food + alcohol, bedding, sun protection for 2 days).
- no water on checkpoints, you have to be self sufficient.
- transfer from and to yacht.
- alcoholic beverages on presentation night.
Send us an email and let us know you’re in, or want to find out more about this worthy cause.
For a sign up, you’ll send us the funds and we hold it until the race commences. After the race we will transfer the money to our donation page under your name (see link below) and you’ll receive a receipt. (That way we can offer you a refund in the unlikely event of a race cancellation due to weather).
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the Rally. Entrant will be required to sign a waiver/ indemnity form protecting the organisers from claims.
As with everything to do with sailing the event will be weather dependent and the organisers reserve the right to cancel the event if conditions are unsuitable. This may happen at short notice.
*There might be small fees associated with your chosen payment choice. If you choose to pay via PayPal to the event organiser your donation receipt will show up with a slightly lesser amount than $120.